Dr. Lloydette Young - Principal
Mr. Daniel Bartley - Assistant Principal
Ms. Celia White-Rhines - Assistant Principal/Curriculum Coach
Ms. Katrina Brooks - Guidance Counselor/GCDF/Newsletter
Ms. Tasha Miller - Guidance Counselor
Ms. Vanessa Barber - Media Specialist
Ms. Carrie Myers - School Secretary
Ms. Angela Mitchum - Bookkeeper
Mr. Colen Lindell - Attendance Aide
Ms. Glinda Napier - School Nurse
Palmetto Silver Award, 2014-2015
Closing the Achievement Gap
Palmetto Silver Award, 2014-2013
Closing the Achievement Gap
SMS Mission Statement
It is the mission of Schofield Middle School to
provide a challenging academic program for our
students in a safe, caring school environment, thus
facilitating a smooth transition from elementary to
Our Purpose: "Schofield Middle School will develop the skills and confidence in our students within a nurturing and safe environment that facilitates the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, as well as, an infusion of the Arts into their educational experiences."
Our Direction: "Schofield Middle School's direction is for all stakeholders to be committed to fostering a rigorous academic and technological curriculum that will prepare students to become productive citizens and future leaders as they compete and contribute in a global society."
Make the Schofield Scholastic Book Fair part of your Black Friday Shopping!
Benefits of Online Shopping:
- Convenient access 24 hours a day from November 23 - December 9
- Expanded selection for ALL ages—preschool to adult
- Send a wish list to invite family and friends to shop
- Search for books by category, grade, age & price
- ALL purchases benefit our school
- FREE shipping directly to our school (orders will be sent home with your child)
Family Event at the Rams Basketball game on Monday, December 7.
If you are interested in doing a" Book Talk", see Mrs. Barber in the Media Center.
"Celebrating Good Character"
September & October Honorees
Canned Food Drive
Mr. Adams' classes learn about Pond Ecosystems.
"What Does an Architect Do?"
2015-2016 Schofield Middle School Yearbook today!
Personalize by adding your name for only $2.00
See Mrs. Barber in the Media Center for an SMS Yearbook Order Form or
Click here to download a Yearbook Order Form
ATTENTION 8TH GRADE STUDENTS AND PARENTS
IT’S TIME TO PURCHASE BABY ADS FOR THE YEARBOOK!!
Pictures, messages and payment must be delivered to the school, or emailed to email@example.com. We cannot guarantee the return of your photos. Photos should be saved at a high resolution in JPEG when submitted by CD or email. We prefer digital methods if possible.
Deliveries at school go to Mrs. Barber in the Media Center
Click here to download a Baby Ad Order Form
‘Be Ready’ (With Your Camera)!
Send us those candid pictures of your children in school related activities. to include in the yearbook. Send pictures of field trips, awards day, classroom activities, lunchtime laughs, sports, performances and anything else exciting happening in school that you can capture with your camera. This is an ongoing process. Send your candid pictures of school events as they occur. While sending pictures, please consider to the following guidelines:
- Send only good quality pictures
- Include as many children as possible. Pictures with 2-5 children are more likely to be selected than of a single child.
- Name of the event
Way to go !!
WATCH D.O.G.S. | National Center for Fathering
WATCH D.O.G.S. is a one-of-a-kind, school-based father involvement program that works to support education and safety As a program of the National Center for
WATCH D.O.G.S. IN ACTION
If you are interested in becoming a SMS WATCH D.O.G.S participant, please contact Daniel Bartley, Assistant Principal, at 803-641-2770.
Schofield requires students to dress appropriately while at school and to avoid inappropriate dress that may lead to disruption in the learning process.
Per the Aiken County Public Schools website, the following dress code will be enforced:
- Wear shoes at all times. Closed toe shoes provide the best foot protection. Bedroom shoes are not permitted
- Wear knee-length shorts, skorts, jumpers, shirt, or dresses/skirts. This length applies when dresses or skirts are worn over leggings. Parents will be contacted to bring appropriate length clothes if shorts, skorts, jumpers, or dresses/skirts are too short. Pants, shorts, skorts and skirts must be worn at the waistline
- Undergarments and midriffs must not be exposed. Low cut necklines and tank tops are not acceptable
- Caps, bandanas, and head coverings should not be worn at school. These items will be confiscated!
- Refrain from wearing any type of bandana
Items that MUST NOT be worn at school or to events as a school representative
- T-shirts with obscene, disruptive, or illegal messages
- Clothing that is in bad taste and causes disruption to the educational process
- Clothing such as jeans, that is turn or tethered above the knee.
- Tank tops, (t-straps), halter tops, sheer blouses, or any tops that expose the body inappropriately
- Shirts that are short or low cut and expose the body
- Refrain from form fitted clothing
- Sagging pants that expose the undergarments and create difficulty in walking
- Costumes (including Halloween) are not permitted
- Hats (not caps) may be worn outdoors during cold weather, but not inside the building. Hoods/Hoodies may not be worn inside the building
- Combs and hair picks should not be worn in hair
- Chains (attached to wallets or excessively heavy neck chains) should not be worn to school
- Jewelry or piercing that imitates violence, vulgarity, or illegal messages should not be worn to school
Remind is a simple way for you to stay informed and up-to-date with what's happening in our school. By joining Remind, you are choosing to receive messages via push notifications, SMS, or email. Don't worry, your phone number will not be shared. This is an additional communication tool to keep you informed of school events.
Please don’t wait—avoid the rush by making an appointment with your child’s healthcare provider today to get the required Tdap vaccine and other vaccines recommended for your child’s protection.
modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/2413607/File/Med Permission 2013.pdf
modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/2413607/File/Parent Letter for OTC Medication.pdf
modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/2413607/File/Tdap Vaccination Reminder.pdf
ACORN MENTOR PROGRAM
We are excited that South Aiken Presbyterian and Friendship Baptist Church are collaborating with Schofield Middle again this year to provide mentors for our students.
At Schofield Middle, we believe students need positive affirmation, encouragement, and assistance in setting goals. Our mentors will serve as positive role models and commit to 30 minutes weekly to listen, encourage, tutor, finish projects and classwork, and assist in the development of goals.
The commitment for volunteers who participate is one day per week during the child’s lunch period (about 30 minutes) throughout the school year, and the volunteer can pick the day he/she is available. If we can start identifying volunteers from any congregation or community members who are interested in serving, they can start the screening and training process very quickly.Please contact Tasha Miller 641-2770 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Way to go!
Schofield Middle School
Cookie Dough Fundraiser
See Mrs. Mitchum for permission slips
Parents with questions can email email@example.com
Cookies are $ 20.00